ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR MONITORS’ ADA-COMPLIANCE WEBSITE CHECK?
If you’re an organization funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), you are likely gearing up for visits from Department of Labor monitors who will determine whether you are in compliance with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA).
If you’re an organization funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), you are likely gearing up for visits from Department of Labor monitors who will determine whether you are in compliance with the American With Disabilities Act (ADA). Striving to eliminate the digital divide for individuals with disabilities, ADA applies to everything from website design and content, including videos and PDFs, to e-newsletters and other content published for public consumption.
Here are some other benefits of ADA compliance:
- Improves your search-engine presence – With limited budgets, workforce organizations often can’t afford paid digital ads to help with their search-engine presence (search engine optimization). An ADA-compliant website makes the site accessible to all and makes content more accessible (and indexable) to search engines.
- Enhances your brand – Given “universal access,” organizations funded by WIOA need a reputation that is representative of inclusiveness; this applies to communication mediums that inform and educate the public about employment and training services.
- Increases website usability – Following the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines makes web pages easier to understand and improves user experience to help visitors find information quickly.
- Creates a larger reach – Accessible e-marketing campaigns to inform job seekers and employers of employment and training solutions result in improved analytics such as click-through, view and open rates.
- Avoids unnecessary penalties – New content added to communication mediums after Jan. 18, 2018, must be accessible per ADA guidelines.
ADA Compliance: We can get you there
Full Capacity Marketing and its sister company, Business U, have combined their technology expertise to offer the workforce system simple compliance solutions for websites and e-marketing campaigns that are fully integrated into one platform.
The package includes:
- Bringing your organization’s website into ADA-compliance.
- Adding opt-in forms to capture contact information for prospective customers.
- ADA e-marketing campaign templates, with analytics.
- An unlimited number of database contacts.
Learn more about the foundation’s program to see how it could help you get on track to launching your own virtual internship.
Like this article?
If you like this article we recommend downloading our eBook below to get better informed
Smart Workforce Strategies:
The Power of Virtual Internships A case study using Career Catalyst
Share this article
Thought Leaders in Workforce, Education & Entrepreneurship